Saturday, June 21, 2014

Back at the Rat Race

Hi Everyone,
It's been a full year since I have last posted. Time flies and here we are back at the Rat Race for 2014. Today was the first day of flying for me at Woodrat. A bunch of Colorado pilots arrived Friday afternoon with about 10 of us creating tent city at Cantrall Buckley campground. Having not flown any big thermal flights with mostly sledders, today turned in to a true awakening of the senses with some highly textured air and some windy conditions. Never-the-less, it felt good to be in the air for a couple of hours and get a few miles under my belt.

Tomorrow the comp starts, and there are about 60 pilots in the Rat Race comp, 70 pilots in Rat Race Sprint, and about 30+ in the Super Clinic. Total pilots of about 165.

Always a big event with Woodrat delivering lots of thermals, many pilots had great training flights today. We also had 3 reserve deployments, and as far as I know everyone is OK.

I will try to post daily, so keep checking every evening after 8 pm with new updates. I hope to post some pics as well.
Cheers

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. I will enjoy reading your blog.