Saturday, May 1, 2010

Been A Long Winter


Hi Everyone, Well it has been a long winter, and I am glad it's over. Unfortunately, winter has not left us, and we had a foot of snow dump within the last 3 days. I have been excited to get airborn, but right after skiing had ended I had to go to Maine and visit the family, and it snowed there. Can't get away from it.

So big plans for the summer, and I hope we can get the Vail ball rolling soon with at least some descent flying weather to scrape the rust off our flying skills. Bellyache, our morning site, was in good shape and dry before the snow came in. So with some warm weather it should only take a couple of days to be launchable. Wolcott on the other hand looked good, but with the new snow the mud on the road will probably hold us off for a couple of more weeks. Usually we can drive up to Wolcott by mid May.

Though I have slacked on writing this blog, I will be making every effort to updat at least 4 to 5 times a week. So please stay tuned for local updates of the flying here in the Vail area.

Unfortunately, there will be no paragliding at the Teva Mountain Games this year. However, I am planning to have a fun fly-in, Colorado league comp during the Games. It is the first weekend in June. I will keep everyone posted as soon as I have more details.

I will leave a picture that Dale Covington took thermaling in the leeside of a 7,000 foot south face during the Nationals in Utah. Talk to you on Monday.

Cheers

No comments: