Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27th,2010

So, with the weather and the wind being unfavorable for flying. myself and a student came down to Boulder, CO to get some work done. The weather was quite nice today with very stable conditions and light winds. Loren (student) got three flights in and then flew a tandem with Kris Husted.
Good news. Paraglide Vail is now the importer for Aircross Paragliders. Today I got the chance to fly the new entry level glider called the U-Fly. It was quite nice. Pilot weight is 87 to 110 kg. I hooked in at 98 kg all up weight so was in the middle of the weight range. The glider launched easily and seemed very pitch stable. Even though it was a short flight, the glider seemed to turn very easy and did not have a lot of roll reaction once releasing the turn. While flying it seemed to cut through the air nicely and was damp. Perfect for the beginner and safety conscious intermediate pilot. On the flare the glider retained nice energy and it was a very easy landing. I am hoping to get a soaring flight tomorrow, and I will have more info. I like the risers, they a thin and very easy to manage. Tune in for more info.

No comments: